Every night's my birthday, they don't know so it's okay

Whenever 6th January rolls around, I find myself singing THIS SONG under my breath and dancing around my bedroom, so it felt like the perfect occasion to use the lyrics as my post title.
Today is officially my 21st birthday, which can only mean three things:

1. I can now legally drink and gamble in the United States. Except I have never been to the United States before and I don't gamble.

2. It was Selena's 21st birthday when the music video above was shot. I was secretly hoping that once I turn 21, I will look in the mirror just to find that I magically got at least a dash of her beauty as a gift. It didn't happen though and now I'm sitting here disappointed.

3. I have exactly one year left until I can post Taylor Swift's 22 on every single social media account I own and sing 'I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22' all day long until everyone around me goes nuts. Who am I kidding, I like the song so much that I might just do it all year long.

On a slightly different note, I really loved the stunning birthday photoshoots OLIVIA and KAVITA prepared for their birthdays and they certainly left me wishing I could just frolic around with a pretty dress on and a bunch of balloons in hand. However, I still have the sniffles and the weather really hasn't been cooperating with me as of late. I might just have to consider snapping birthday photos in the middle of July from now on- perhaps the post title would be even more fitting then! ;)

In the meantime, I'm going to leave you with a BLOG POST from 2012, when I turned 18 and posted a bunch of photos from my childhood. Sit back and enjoy- I'm off to have some birthday cake!

6 comments

  1. Happy, happy birthday! I laughed at the turning 21 but not really being able to do much about it. All my friends in the US were out in bars and such and I was like.. hmm.. don't necessary find interest in that. I hope you have an incredible day, lovely lady! Eat all the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet girl! Enjoy 21, it is a great age. You don't need a dash of Selena's beauty, you are already so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that song haha! happy birthday :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. PS: Of course I remember you Dominika ;)
      Haha, it really means so much to me that even after all this time, you've still followed along with my blog! Thank you so much for your support over the years <3 *BIG HUG*

      Delete
  5. oooh congrats and Happy Birthday to you! enjoy your new found freedom in being of legal age now!

    xo, Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Dashing Diaries

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig