What I got up to in 2014...


http://photo.sf.co.ua/g/318/1.jpg

As much as I would like to post a bunch of photos of me in some sparkling NYE outfit and gush about my party plans, my night will most likely consist of me watching TV in bed and devouring some delicious food. For the first time in 7 years, I decided to spend this day with my parents and fight off the remains of the sickness that came to me unwanted on the first day of Christmas (NOT a cool present).

I decided to write a little recap of the past year instead, even if I'm going to end up being the only person reading it. I'm in favour of thinking about all the highs and the lows and possible areas for improvement when the year draws to a close. Don't we all feel a little excited about the opportunity to start everything anew and leave all the worries behind when the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Eve? I know I do.

I remember as I was scrolling through Tumblr around this time last year, I came across an extremely inspiring quote that I decided to make my motto. It said:

"Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one."

Today, for the first time in years, I'm actually looking back on the past year with happiness. Not the 'I wasted another year, let the new one begin already' kind of disappointment, not relief that it's almost over- instead, I'm feeling pure happiness because of what I have accomplished and I'm hoping to make 2015 an even better one.

2014 is the year I worked very hard on finding my confidence and tried to care less about what others might think- while it's a lengthy and complex process and I still have my dark moments, I know I'll get there someday. It's also the year I decided to cross a bunch of points off my bucket list, make some dreams come true and do things that would make me genuinely happy.

I went to my very first music festival and saw a number of great artists live- including Kings of Leon, Florence and the Machine, David Guetta and Ella Eyre. After the last concert finished at 3am, still high on endorphins, I jumped into the car to get to the place where I'm studying, which is 300km away. In the morning, I was about to sit an extremely difficult exam, which at the time seemed virtually impossible to pass on the first attempt. I'm still not quite sure how I did it, but having had just one hour of sleep, I was among the 8 lucky people who passed and a day later I officially completed my first year of university! 


In July, I moved to one of my favourite places in the whole wide world- London, where I got my very first job (better late than never, I suppose), met some truly wonderful people and made incredible memories. One of the things that stood out for me was finally going to the Emirates Stadium to watch an Arsenal game- a diehard Gooner right here! ;) It's been three months since I got back and I still start numerous stories with "when I lived in London..." (I wonder who's secretly tired of those already!) 

Last but most certainly not least, 2014 is the year I got back to blogging and founded The Dashing Diaries. While it hasn't been easy and I do feel like I'm my only reader most of the time, I'm doing what I love and that's what really matters at the end of the day.

To finish it off, I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year. May the upcoming year bring you lots of love, joy and success, be it personal or in blogging. Don't hold yourself back and pursue your dreams, one after another! Remember that tomorrow is the beginning of yet another book of your life, make sure to write an excellent one! Have a glass of champagne for me and see you all in 2015!

5 comments

  1. Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a really great year. I hope 2015 will be just as good, if not better!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that 2014 was a good year for you - I was sick on NYE as well, it sucks!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was one of your readers! Hahaha! You wrote a good one for the year 2014 :) I wish I could go to London too, someday <3

    Maiko
    http://maikokimberly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have an amazing year! Good luck in 2015 xo

    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete

© The Dashing Diaries

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig