How is it possible that we're almost halfway through August already? Whether we like it or not, time flies and I have recently realized that there are roughly 5 months left until my prom and no particular dress has caught my eye yet... No matter how hard I try to find 'the one', I always end up swooning over the piece featured in this post and wishing I was wealthy enough to buy such gems without feeling guilty. Today I decided to look through what TopShop has to offer, since they have some of the loveliest dresses ever. They didn't disappoint me this time either and even though I am not any closer to finding a perfect prom dress, I came across a few dresses I would gladly wear without an occasion.
1. Cut Out Dress by Jones and Jones. I love everything about this piece, from the shape and colour to that fantastic bow detail which had me at first sight. It's certainly not your average dress.
2. Heart Mesh Flippy Dress. This dress has 'adorable' written all over it. I was planning to order it as soon as I get the whole Paypal thing fixed, but someone beat me to it and it's out of stock already. What are your opinions on this dress? Would you possibly wear it?
3. Petite Mesh Insert Skater Dress. This one reminds me of the dress Miley Cyrus wore to People's Choice Awards back in January (see here). Thanks to her, I have been in love with similar pieces ever since. Now, if only they had it in white/beige...
4. Beaded Belt Cami Dress by Coco's Fortune. Even though the whole high-low hem trend has started a while ago, I still haven't bought any items to join in. This could be the perfect beginning with its wonderful colour and beautiful lace trim.
5. Metallic Bandeau Dress. What I wrote above might as well refer to this piece. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it's strapless- not really practical when it comes to events which involve a lot of dancing unless we want to 'flash' someone at some point.
6. Showoff Mega Platform Mary Janes. I am simply in love with Mary Janes. They combine two extremely important things when it comes to shoes- the looks and comfort. You can throw your fear of falling over away and look super classy while doing it. It's a win-win.
7. LC Lauren Conrad Platform High Heels. Lauren Conrad has certainly made the list of my favourite fashion people. Her style is the essence of girliness and her collections are always reasonably priced. I mean... how can you not love her?
What do you think about my current wishlist? Which items are hot and which are not? Sound off in the comments!