Friday's Fancies: outfit crush

This week, the lovely {av} challenged us to present an outfit we've been crushing on, be it a celebrity look or the one found on Lookbook/Pinterest/you name it, and then recreate it in our own way. I have chosen the outfit that had me at first sight, even though it doesn't include any fancy dresses. Quite the contrary, it's more of a modern hippie look which I wish I could pull off as perfectly as the beauty below did.
Demi Lovato is undoubtedly one of my biggest fashion inspirations ever, as you might have noticed judging by the Modern Fashion Icon post here. One of her advantages is that throughout her whole career, she has been spotted changing her hairdos and style multiple times and she never fails to amaze me. Whether she's a blonde or a brunette, she still leaves me wishing I could magically get hold of her closet overnight. Ranging from rock tees and various Litas to fancy dresses and killer heels, it makes millions of girls all over the world want to follow in her footsteps. In 2011, she was spotted out and about in LA wearing this outfit and I have been dreaming of being able to recreate this look ever since. Who knows, maybe in the distant future I will get to go to Coachella or just simply strut around LA and then I will definitely keep this one in mind.

Would you possibly feel tempted to rock this outfit? Where would you wear it?

Happy Friday to you, lovelies!

14 comments

  1. I love hers style!
    A lot of kisses, http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. With those Jeffrey Campbell lace-up boots, I've grown fond of them mostly with skirts or dresses. This is a very cool look nonetheless. I'd probably swap the boots with some high-heel platform sandals if I planned a similar look (and if I were obviously a female).

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is with that outfit?? I would never be able to pull it off, but there is something about it (and Demi's look) that makes it super cool! I would love if you could stop by and enter my pearl earring giveaway on the blog! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that tank top! I would definitely love to rock this outfit as well. You can basically wear it anywhere! :)

    P.S. Thanks for checking out my movie picks for June.

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg this blog is sooo cute *_*
    i love it!


    do you wanna follow each other??? :)
    Carol
    from http://curlsandfrecklescs.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love her and the outfit, great picks :)

    Kisses !
    /U
    pug-a-licious
    Lil'Fit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I just came across your wonderful blog and was wondering if we could follow each other on Blogger and Twitter (@pink_sequins). You can follow me (via GFC) by clicking this link. I'll follow back.
    You can also like my Facebook page here. Take care. :)

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Demi! When I'm reading your blog, I'm listening to her music! What a coincidence! ;)

    msamyaguilera.blogspot.com
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your remade outfit suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love what she stands for!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. those shoes have my name it lol. love them

    ReplyDelete

© The Dashing Diaries

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig