Friday's Fancies: primped for a picnic

Having received my weekly e-mail informing about the upcoming challenge, it crossed my mind that maybe it's about time I put my Friday's Fancies posts on hold for the time being and came back next Friday packed with fresh ideas. To be perfectly honest, I have never ever been on a real picnic, with a fancy basket, nibbling on sandwiches and sipping wine or soft drinks. Not to mention that I'm the kind of person that takes every possible occasion to dress up- it doesn't matter if I'm going to a party or just casually taking a stroll to the nearest supermarket. So, if you ever spot a person walking in the mountains rocking a floral top paired with plimsolls... come say hi.
(By no means am I exaggerating here- been there, done that.)

Anyway, after a while I decided to let my creative side out and play around with my dear friend Polyvore a little. It resulted in creating an outfit that has classy written all over it, but is not too formal for a Sunday picnic with significant others.
Primped for a picnic



Even though I have always been Team Lauren, I have to admit that Kristin is an absolute stunner and looks beaming as a mother-to-be. She makes me want to throw on my favourite maxi dress and go bask in the sun like there's no tomorrow. I don't know how about you, but I feel overwhelmed by the temptation to copy the look once the sunny days are here to stay.

Here's to the warm summer days, long walks on the beach, sitting on the porch in the evening with a drink in my hand and my favourite music playing in the background, throwing barbecue parties and twirling around in my floral dresses... I am awaiting you.

(PS Make sure you participate in the gifting here, you can win an item of your choice!)

20 comments

  1. Seriously now, can we just call it a weekend and meet in the park for a picnic?! Because this is the cutest outfit in the history of outdoor outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she really is looking gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, I know, I love the maxi dress look for a summery day!
    Which is what it is here! Haha, its 85 degrees and sunny where I'm at. Hopefully it stays like that :)
    Oh and in answer to your question, I got the suede litas in Nude.

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. loveeee your blog dear!
    keep posting and go for it!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is gorgeous in the outfit! love the long white dress :)

    hope you had a great weekend! {I have a giveaway going on right now & would love for you to enter! amyreneonline.com}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen looks great!! Still can't believe she is pregnant though!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  7. she's gorgeouss! x

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this outfit too. It is casual and still very trendy.
    X, Ancia
    http://overdivity-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute picks! Loving the white maxi with denim jacket! Kristen looks great!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,I just found your blog and I think its amazing :) My old blog was hacked and erased so I made a new one,and I'm searching for good blogs to follow.I follow you now,and I will be honored if you come visit my blog and follow me if you like it :) http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it <3!!! Great blog, very cute!! Visit my blog and if you like it to follow me on google friends and I will be happy to follow you back <3
    Xoxo
    LA MODE OUI C'EST MOI
    FACEBOOK
    BLOGLOVIN
    TWITTER

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the soft colors you chose! Greetings from Atlanta. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love her look, she really makes the maxi dress look great with just a denim jacket.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh haha, I really feel lazy to dress well to go to the super market... I'm almost another person haha!
    Oh.. and I'm 16, and I'm going to the U.S. because, well.. I was born there, and, when I was 9, I came to Brazil, and my dad received an excellent job offer from his old boss, and since it's a great thing, we're going back! And, it's very good, since I'll have a bigger chance to go to a better college!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice white long dress and the denim jacket...
    Love the brown bag too!

    Follow my blog at
    www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've also never been for a prim and proper picnic, it would be a great idea actually! I love Kristen in this outfit, it was casual and elegant at the same time. have a great weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to go shopping - looove this look. Very fun blog :]

    www.ohmisslinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Dashing Diaries

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig